Disclosure

My Apartment Tour!

19 December 2013


Hi lovelies! Get excited, because today is a big day! You know why? After months of requests and promising I'll post it any day now, I AM FINALLY GETTING AROUND TO SHOWING YOU GUYS MY APARTMENT! Basically every time I was ready to publish the pictures, I thought of something in the room I wanted to change. Whether it was a frame I wanted to move, or a new pillow I wanted to add, there was always some reason why it wasn't right. So I have finally just accepted that it will never be perfect, but I hope that I can at least provide you all with a little inspiration for your own rooms!


A bit of background info before we begin: My apartment is located on my college campus. All the large furniture pieces were provided by my school, so that would be why they are so standard looking. The apartment is a studio/effeciency, which means that there are no walls separating rooms (other than the bathroom of course). So if you catch a glimpse of an oven from my bedroom, please do not be alarmed. Also, these photos were taken with my iPhone, so excuse the less-than-stellar quality.

Now let's get started!


This is my bed! Since I can't paint, I used these super affordable prints from Amanda Catherine Designs to add interest to my boring white walls. I'm absolutely in love with this comforter I found at TJ Maxx over the summer, the dusty pink color and ruffles match really well with the rest of my decor.


As you can see, the only downside to this comforter is it gets super wrinkly. I like to fill my bed with as many pillows as I can, so I layered the gray trellis-print pillows from DHP with the white flower pillow from Target.


Desks are overrated, so I decided to turn mine into a vanity for all of my makeup. And yes, that little screen you're looking at on the right is my TV in all its 19" glory. Soak it in.


Here is a better view of my desk! As you can see, the bottom row is all makeup. If you'd like to learn more about my makeup organization, click here. Then the next row is made up of my tiny DVD collection, my wristlet, a box filled with cords, and a picture frame from Cotton On. The top row is just a few cute and inspirational journals from Cotton On, and then desk supplies and my textbooks. 


I have this little garment rack set up right next to the table with my TV. I originally purchased it because I don't have a traditional closet in my room and I thought I'd need the extra hanging space, but now I really just like using it to display my favorite looks at the moment for fashion inspiration


So this is what I meant when I said that I don't have a traditional closet. That armoire and the drawers are all I've got, and the idea pretty much terrified me at first. I've gotten used to it though, and I'll show you guys more about that coming up.


Here is a better look at the top of my dresser! I spent an embarrassingly huge amount of time this past summer scouring the internet for cute ways to store jewelry. Then one day, as if by magic, I found the adorable teacup jewelry organizer you see on the left at Urban Outfitters. I actually found the ring holder in the dollar section at Target, and the necklace organizer is another amazing find from Cotton On. 
'

This is the inside of my amoire! I tried to utilize the space as well as I could, so I mixed up traditional clothes hangers with hanging shoe and jewelry organizers. Then, on the bottom I decided to store heeled shoes, scarves, belts, and any other accessories that didn't have another home.


Last but not least...this is my little kitchen! I threw the candy dish with colorful gumballs on the counter to give the space a bit of personality. Other than that, it's pretty much just your traditional kitchen. I'd do a "what's in my fridge", but it's basically just Papa John's Garlic Sauce and chocolate milk, so you don't really need to see that.


And that's all for my apartment tour! I hope it was worth the wait! Now that I've shown you my space, I'd love to hear about yours! Let me know in the comments down below what home decor items you've been loving, or tweet me a picture of your room! 

For more ideas, be sure to check out my new video showing my makeup collection and storage! Click the video link below to learn the unexpected places I buy makeup storage, the unique way I organize my eyeshadow palettes, and tons more!


8 comments:

  1. This is really cute and nice :) Your blog is so interesting and full of useful tips! Keep up with your great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love small and cozy places like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, it seems so light and cozy! I live in a dorm that feels very similar to this and, if you don't mind me asking, where do you keep your hamper/dirty clothes? I'd love to use more closet space like you did, but my hamper takes up a huge amount!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep mine in my bathroom! There's an open space between my shower and sink that I use. Hope that helped!!

      Delete
  4. Thanks Ally, so glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Show this post some love! I read all comments before they are posted, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam!

Blog design by