Disclosure

School Sparkle: 4 Quick & Easy Heatless Hairstyles!

03 September 2013


Hi lovelies! Can you believe how much Summer has absolutely flown by? For most of us, it's already almost time to go back to school! So while I take a few moments to mourn the end of another summer break and gear up for the new year, I'll be bringing you guys a brand new series of back-to-school posts courtesy of some of my very favorite guest bloggers! 

Next up is Carly Tati with some super chic time-saving hairstyles!

We've all had it happen to us: we hit snooze one too many times, and just can't face a 7:30 am class. And our hair is the first thing to go to get those extra few minutes of sleep! 

As much as I wish I had the perfectly tousled Victoria Secret hair look that seems so effortless, my hair doesn't do that without trying pretty hard! So to get ready for back to school, here are 4 ideas for just rolled out of bed hair that barely requires brushing. The messier the better! They also don't require any heat styling. All you need is ponytail holders, bobby pins, and a brush. 5 minutes for each look and you're ready to go! 

Look 1: Side Braid with Scarf
I saw a girl the other day in my neighborhood wearing this look and thought it was so cute. This look is the easiest of them all. You could practically create it on the way to class! 



Look 2: The Chignon 
I always love a great chignon. It's fast and easy and always looks chic. The great thing about the chignon is you can wear it high and sleek, or you can go with a more tousled and messy look either high or low. Change it up depending on your mood! 

Optional pop of color: Take a silk neck scarf and roll it. Tie it around the chignon to add a personal touch. 



Look 3: The Knotted Pony
Who wants to wear a basic pony every day? It's nice to change it up and this variation offers a fast and fun way that only requires a ponytail holder! 



Look 4: The Low Pony High Volume
As I was lightly teasing my hair to add volume, I was thinking to myself, wow Brigitte Bardot was teasing her hair almost every day to create that insatiable volume! I just did the light version of it for some quick no heat volume. My hair is fine and thin, so if you have thick or wavy to curly hair, you can skip the teasing step. 

If you want more volume to take it to a 60's look, just keep teasing!! Lightly smooth your hair with your fingers to avoid losing the volume you just worked for with the teasing. 

This look is great for a downtown vibe and an uptown vibe. Dress it down if your feeling casual. If you have a date after class or a presentation, dress it up by adding a cute headband and covering the ponytail holder in back with a thin layer of hair wrapped around it to keep it sleek! 



What are your favorite time saving hairstyles? Good luck with this semester! I'm going to keep my eyes open for beauty time-savers, they are always good to have! 

xo,
Carly Tati

This month my Ultimate Sparkle Sponsor is Carly Tati. To find out more about advertising on Sparkle & Mine, click here!

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Great to hear girly! Let me know how they go!!

      Delete
  2. Hey Sarah, Thanks for having me be a part of your awesome blog with this guest post! Hope we can all keep our hair chic, even when we have no time!
    Cheers
    Carly Tati

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have very long hair I love. Some days are so busy I have no time to deal with my hair. These tips are helpful. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad the tips will be helpful for you Claire! :)

      Delete
  4. When I'm in a hurry I tend to just pin a bit back each side, but these seem much more interesting. Thanks for the ideas :D

    Alice | http://oceanlights5.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Show this post some love! I read all comments before they are posted, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam!

Blog design by