Disclosure

How-To: Taylor Swift's Red Lip

17 February 2013


I've only just recently gotten super into lip products. I used to focus a lot more on my eyes and maybe just throw on some gloss or balm before I headed out the door, but lately I've been really experimenting with new products and colors. So naturally, when a friend/fellow beauty junkie told me she knew the exact lip color Taylor Swift uses to get her signature red lips, I was pretty excited!


I'm just going to go ahead and give you guys my full lip routine, I use the first two steps regardless of what product I am going to be applying for the day (if any).

Step 1: Exfoliate lips to get rid of dryness and peeling with Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub. Any lip scrub would do, but this one happens to be my absolute favorite. It smells amazing (like mint chocolate chip ice cream!) and there are no harsh chemicals or crazy ingredients. In fact, Lush encourages you to lick it off when you are done scrubbing! I must admit- there are times when I will literally just scrub for a second so I can lick it off. It's that good.

Step 2: Apply lip butter or balm all over lips. Right now I'm using The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter, which is really hydrating and smells fantastic. I also love anything from Eos or Burt's Bees.

Step 3: Using a pencil that matches your shade of lipstick, color in your entire top and bottom lip. I (as well as a lot of makeup artists) find that doing this not only prevents lipstick from feathering or bleeding, but it also makes the color last way longer! I use L'oreal Colour Riche in Always Red, it's a really great classic red color.

Step 4: Finally, put on that lipstick! Taylor's signature color is Covergirl Lipstick in Hot Passion (in stores it is often just referred to as "Hot").

Aaaaaaand there you have it!


Let me know how your red lip turned out or leave other tips for a bold lip in the comments! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show this post some love! I read all comments before they are posted, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam!

Blog design by